Welcome to Edgemont
Click to follow our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts and see all of the great things happening at our school!
Also be sure to check out our school calendar for all our upcoming events!
Important Edgemont STEM Fair Information!
5th and 6th Grade STEM Fair will be January 30, 2019
STEM Fair forms have been sent home for grades 5th and 6th graders. Please read through them carefully, fill it out, sign, and return it to student's classroom teacher. All 5th/6th STEM Fair forms are due by December 19. More information can be found on our STEM Fair page here , as well as forms, judging rubrics, and project ideas.
All 5th/6th graders must register their projects online here.
K-4th STEM Fair will be January 29, 2019
STEM Fair forms have also been sent home for grades K-4. If your child would like to participate, please fill out the form, sign it, and give it to the student's classroom teacher. Forms, rubrics, and ideas can be found here. All K-4 STEM Fair forms are due by January 11.
BE A JUDGE FOR THE STEM FAIR!
We need lots of judges for our K-4 and 5th/6th STEM Fairs. If you would like to be a judge click here to sign up. We'll email more information as we get closer to the STEM Fairs.
Time to start studying for the Spelling Bee! Students who are interested will participate in a classroom spelling bee. The winners from the classroom spelling bee, will then have the opportunity to participate in the school Bee. Below are list of words from the Scripps National Spelling Bee to practice for both the classroom and school spelling bees. Classroom bees will be completed by January 11. The school spelling bee will be held Friday, January 18, 2019 at 9:00 am in the gym. Parents will be notified if their child is participating in the school spelling bee.
Come to Edgemont Elementary's Christmas Sing concert on Thursday, December 20. Each grade level will perform at the following times:
9:00 - AM and PM Kindergartens 9:15 - 1st Grade 9:30 - 2nd Grade 9:45 - 3rd Grade 10:00 - 4th Grade 10:15 - 5th Grade 10:30 - 6th Grade
Dear ParentsWe're sure you've heard the news by now. Our school district board of education is considering the possibility of rebuilding Timpview High School and pursuing a bond in the next election cycle (November 2019). While the prospect is encouraging for our community, the members of the board and district administration are in the process of collecting feedback from our stakeholders. To that end, the board and superintendent will be holding a community meeting tomorrow afternoon at THS.You are invited to attend and hear about the bond proposal, and ask any questions you might have. We welcome all who are interested in the topic.Date: Tuesday, December 11Time: 4:00pmLocation: Timpview High School AuditoriumCome find out what the future of Timpview might look like!
As we move into the winter season, we wanted to remind everyone of the snow procedures for when weather may affect the school day. As in previous years, there are multiple options for adjusting the school day due to weather: below bench bus pickup, 2 hour late start and school cancellation.
As a reminder, the following are the steps that will be followed each morning to determine any action that may need to be taken:
- Beginning the night before, district officials will monitor forecasted weather conditions and begin the process of notifying district personnel of their assignment for the following morning.
- Snow removal crews will be dispatched in the early morning hours to clear parking lots. Please be aware that while crews work overnight on school parking lots throughout the district, if the snow accumulation is non-stop, it is difficult to stay on top of. Our plow drivers work hard to make it to each of our 18 school sites to prepare the parking lots for school.
- Beginning in the early morning hours, district officials will begin discussing road conditions with Provo City. This is valuable information that the district receives from plow drivers across the city.
- A crew of drivers will circulate throughout the city between 4 and 5 a.m. to get a more thorough picture of driving conditions. While we will never be able to see all of the side streets and cul-de-sacs, we should be able to get a bigger view than just the streets traveled by district transportation vehicles.
- The decision will be made to be open or to delay school by 5:30 a.m. Then, by 5:45 a.m., this information will be posted on the district website and on district social media sites. Please be advised that if weather conditions change, a different decision may follow. Should cancellation, late start or below bench pickup be needed, parents will receive a phone call around 6 a.m. to notify them of the change in schedule. We strive to be proactive in our communication: if there seems to be the possibility that people are wondering whether or not school will be in session, we will issue a statement one way or another.
As always, when there is inclement weather, parents are encouraged to do what they feel is in the best interest of their children. Student absences and tardies due to inclement weather will be excused, but we ask that parents still communicate with the school that their child will be absent.
Inviting all veterans to Edgemont’s Veteran Day’s lunch on Friday, November 9. Come have a delicious lunch with our students. Lunch times are as follows:
1st Grade. 11:20-11:35
2nd Grade 11:35-11:50
3rd Grade 11:50-12:05
4th Grade 11:55-12:10
5th Grade 12:10-12:25
6th Grade 12:20-12:35
Thank you for your service to our country!
Sign up online for Parent Teacher Conference on November 7-9. Click here to sign up. The password is eagles. Online sign ups will be open until Nov 6. If you need to schedule a conference after November 6, please call the front office.
November 7-9 are also early out days at 1:30 pm each day.
The 5th and 6th grade Maturation Program for Edgemont Elementary will be held on Thursday, November 15, 2018.
1:00 pm 5th Grade
2:00 pm 6th Grade
The girls presentation will take place in room 121 and the boys will be in the gym.
Your child will be bringing home a permission form. This needs to be signed for them to attend. If you need an extra form, they are attached below.
Did you know that amazon will make a small donation for Edgemont every time you shop? Here's how: go to smile.amazon.com. Select PTA Utah Congress Edgemont Elem PTA. ***There are two Edgemont's in Utah so make sure that you select the one in Provo. Every time you shop go to smile.amazon.com. They will not make a donation if you purchase on the app or on the regular website. This is an easy way to make some extra money for our school!
Edgemont Featured on ABC Channel 4 Weather
Devon Lucie with ABC 4 Weather came to Edgemont Elementary’s Space Lab to broadcast the midday weather. Our students had fun learning about weather and what happens behind the scenes of a weather broadcast. Click here to view the broadcast.
Google Fiber Stem Night